Thursday, June 11, 2009

Past Life Memories of a World War II Fighter Pilot

This new book is about a World War II fighter pilot, James M. Houston, Jr. who was killed in action when his Corsair plane was hit by Japanese fire and crashed, and a young boy, James Leininger, now eleven years of age who appears to be the reincarnation of the fighter pilot.

James Leininger’s memories of his past life dreams as James M. Houston, Jr. have now pretty much faded away as they tend to do as a child reaches the age of six to eight. But still with him is his love for airplanes.

James Leininger, who—a little more than two weeks after his second birthday—began having terrible nightmares that would not stop. When James began screaming out recurring phrases like, "Plane on fire! Little man can't get out!" the Leiningers finally admitted that they had to take notice.

When details of the plane, a Corsair, according to James, and the war tragedies that no two-year-old boy could know continued Bruce and Andrea Leininger began to realize that this was an incredible situation.

SOUL SURVIVOR is the story of how the Leiningers pieced together what their son was communicating and eventually discovered that he was reliving the past life of World War II fighter pilot James M. Huston, Jr. As Bruce Leininger struggled to understand what was happening to his son, he also uncovered details of James Houston's life—and death. Even another pilot who had been in the air in another plane when Houston’s plane was hit, verifies young James’ description of the event; a now elderly sister of James Houston also is convinced that young James knows facts about her brother that no one could know and she accepts the idea that he is the reincarnation of her brother.

According to a Harris Poll in 2008, approximately 24 percent of Americans believe in reincarnation while 68 percent believe in the survival of the soul after death. It’s my guess the percent is higher as with many spiritual ideas or mystical experiences, some people are reluctant to reveal their thoughts.

The story of the James’ past life seems to fit a lot of other research that has been conducted by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson, Dr. Jim Tucker, Dr. Brian Weiss, and others.

In 2006, Jim Tucker, a child psychiatrist and medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatric Clinic at the University of Virginia, one of the few researchers to extensively study the phenomenon of children who seem to have memories of past lives, and who is carrying on the years of work of Dr. Ian Stevenson, said that James' case is very much like others he has studied.

"At the University of Virginia, we've studied over 2,500 cases of children who seem to talk about previous lives when they're little," Tucker said. "They start at 2 or 3, and by the time they're 6 or 7 they forget all about it and go on to live the rest of their lives." He also said he has seen cases such as James’ where children make statements that can be verified.

Tucker is author of "Life Before Life: A Scientific Investigation of Children's Memories of Previous Lives."

The book by Carol Bowman, Children's Past Lives has some interesting stories.

Here is a link to today’s interview on ABC with the family and below is a Prime Time

Interview from 2004.







Take a look at the book, Soul Survivor.





~Linda

6 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

My son and daughter both talked about memories there was no way they could have had when they were 3 and under. Then, poof. It disappears. Very interesting. Glad to learn of this.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Hi Linda, I think that as a society, we don't reject the idea of reincarnation anymore. Many don't really accept it, but they do embrace the possibility.

I think we have trouble with the logic of it...our minds do the math and wonder how a growing population has enough space for the souls...I think Dr Dean Adel (spelling ?) the radio personality said that recently as he scoffed the idea of reincarnation.

On the whole, I think the idea is true...and that children often unlearn perception of 'other' abilities as they grow-as your post pointed out. My daughter used to see auras when she was young...4-6, but somehow over time she lost the perception. ("Mom, you have pink all around your head...and a little gold.")

I think we forget to look...I never say this but here I will...I also see energy around people. Most of the time I don't look for it either...maybe it's an ability a person can develop as I've read.

I think it's more important for me to learn to connect with others and feel spiritual energy (through meditation) than to know all of the answers. So I don't worry about different abilities or what some people call powers because they tend to bring out an ego centered feeling.

I also know that everyone has there own path...I accept the reincarnation of spiritual people like the Dalai Lama and others...so why not the ordinary person?

Thanks for your response to my comment on the earlier post that mentions Osho. Love to you <3

Anonymous said...

We are on such the same wavelength it's scary! :) I'm going to podcast about just this topic this weekend. (Hopefully, she says!)For the record, I believe.

Ronda Laveen said...

I have not read this book. I have studied and done Past Life work for many, many years. I have regressed a number of people and the stories are amazing. It is such powerful work. You are a delight and a great resource for my studies. There is so much to learn that I can't get it all in so help is always appreciated. Namaste.

Gemel said...

Memories of other lives have come to me at different times in my life, most people that I use to speak to about them thought that I was nuts! I am glad books like this are becoming available more and more. Shall look out for a copy...

Anonymous said...

My understanding was that Mr. Houston had no other relatives than his sister. While checking some family records I have found relatives that I am related to that are from Edinburgh, Scottland. My Family name is also Houston and I have records of my family that came from there. My great grandfather is Robert Houston whose mother is Anne Tenant Houston I am not sure but it is a coincidence that my heritage also leads to Edinburgh my grandfather went back there in the 80's to visit family we still have there. Just FYI
my email is troyhoustonallen@hotmail.com if there is any questions.