Saturday, December 18, 2010

Giving


What I like as 2010 is coming to a close and on the edge of a promise of a new year hopefully filled with happiness, contentment, and health, is taking the time, always about this time of the month or between Christmas and New Year’s Eve, to give. I don’t mean the Christmas gifts for family and friends, but the gifts given to those we may not even know at all.

Today I packed a small box that will go out tomorrow to a Women’s shelter in a nearby city. I made two dozen inspirational bookmarks as that was one thing listed on their Wish List. I enclosed a dozen small notecards, several pair of new crocheted slippers and new pairs of panty hose.

I also gave donations to my favorite charities. I love donating a flock of chickens, a baby goat, or even a share of a pig. Check into Heifer International Organization.

And Feeding America. It was previously called America’s Second Harvest. I like this one a lot, too. The food stays in your local area if you would like.

Others you may want to consider are Clinton Foundation (AIDS and Malaria), Elton John AIDS Foundation, Habitat for Humanity.

These are my favorites.

And who knows, I may end up giving more chicks, ducks, or rabbits, before the year is out. Try it. It may make your heart feel warm like it does mine.


~Linda








No comments: