Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life


“It is often said that one has but one life to live, but that is nonsense. For one who reads, there is no limit to the number of lives that may be lived, for fiction, biography and history offer an inexhaustible number of lives in all periods of time.” –Louis L’Amour, Author (1908-1988)


“I can find my biography in every fable that I read.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)


“We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~Joseph Campbell (1904-1987)


“Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined.” ~Deepak Chopra


“I just found it interesting to talk to adults I admired, and to discover that the path they took was never all that clearly defined. It was comforting to me when I figured out that you don't have to know what you want to do with your life; you just have to take a few steps in one direction, and other opportunities will open up.” ~Anderson Cooper, CNN Television Reporter


“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson






No comments: